We are committed to protecting the information we collect when you use our websites and our services. This cookies policy contains more information on the following:
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computing device (PC, Mac, Tablet or mobile phone, that will be referred to in this policy as “device”) by the web server so that the website can remember specific information about your browsing activity on the website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of our sites, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at our site via a link from third party site, the URL of the linking page. If you are a registered user or subscriber it may also collect your name and email address, which may be transferred to data processors for registered user or subscriber verification purposes.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and help us tailor our website content to your interests. Information provided by cookies can help us to analyze your use of our sites and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Cookies are either ‘session’ or ‘persistent’ cookies, depending on how long they are stored for:
- Session cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to a website and are deleted from your device when you close your browser;
- Persistent cookies are saved on your device for a fixed period of time after the browser has closed and are activated each time you visit the website where the cookie was generated.
In addition to cookies, Tango Targeting’s websites also may use web beacons. A web beacon is a line of code which is used by a website or, less frequently, a third party ad server to measure a user’s activity, such as interaction with an advert or purchase of a product. A web beacon is often invisible because it is only 1 pixel in size with no colour.
- identify returning users, registrants and subscribers and to allow them to be presented with a personalized version of the site;
- eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details;
- allowing the returning visitors the commenting on our sites;
- to measure users’ behaviour to better develop our websites. By using web analytics services provided by Google Analytics we can analyze which pages are viewed and how long for and which links are followed, and we can use this information to provide more content which is of interest. We also use this analysis to report on our performance.
- to manage online advertising and revenue share arrangements;
- to measure general user behaviour across our sites and third party sites to build a profile based on users browsing patterns so that we and third parties can target advertising to users that will be more relevant to their interests.
- to create profiles that trusted third parties can buy to allow them to better target their advertising with more relevant content.
We also include web beacons in our communications to track the success of our marketing campaigns. Our web beacons do not store additional information on your device but, by communicating with our cookies on your device, they can tell us when you have opened our communication.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our sites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored on servers in the United States and/or Europe. They may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by those service providers in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
We cannot control nor do we have access to any cookies placed on your computer by other third party advertisers and sponsors.
Other Third Party Cookies
You may notice on some pages of our websites that cookies may have been set but are not related to Tango Targeting. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook, these third party service providers may set their own cookies on your device. Tango Targeting does not control the use of these third party cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. Please check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.
How does Tango Targeting keep track of the cookies on its websites?
On a regular basis, we conduct an audit of all cookies being used across our website portfolio. This Cookies Policy is continuously reviewed to ensure it is adequate to the cookies we are using as reflected from the audit.
How can I manage or opt out of cookies?
Some people find intrusive the idea of a website storing information on their device, in particular when the information is stored and used by a third party. If you would prefer to opt out of cookies, it is possible to control cookies by following the steps below; however you should be aware that you might lose some features and functionality of the website if you do so.
Cookies, including those which have already been set, can be deleted from your hard drive. You can also change the preferences/settings in your web browser to manage or remove the cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from the primary site, but block them from third parties. In others, you can block cookies from specific advertisers, or clear out all cookies. Deleting or blocking cookies may reduce functionality of the site. If you experience any problems having deleted cookies, you should contact the supplier of your web browser.
Further information and contact details
Please contact Tango Targeting’s Data Protection Representative if you would like more information on the cookies that we use and their purposes:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Data Protection Enquiries, Tango Targeting Inc, Silicon Valley Business Center 1900, Camden Ave, San Jose, CA 95124, USA